Improvement of public transport and environmental protection through purchase of two electric busesactive 2 months, 4 weeks ago
The main aim of the project is to develop public transport, reduce of private car use and reduce of air pollution emissions.
The municipality of Zlocieniec has an idea to purchase 2 electric buses and a charging station.
The buses would form 2 transport lines allowing free transport of inhabitants to selected locations:
1 line Os. Budowo – Center – Os. Miroslawiecka/Chrobry
2 line Os. Gronowo – Center – Os. Pomorskie
The project will be realised for the benefit of the inhabitants of the municipality of Zlocieniec, especially younger and older people.
Nowadays, the numer of people in the post-working age group increase. The eldearly people have difficulties to relocate over long distances. These people go on foot to shops, the health center and social welfare center from their home and back. Moreover, high temperatures in summer, intense rainfall and gusty winds are hard to settle in for the elderly. These people have to cope with it by themselves.
The second social group are children and teenagers, who live in different parts of Zlocieniec. They do not use public transport to schools, because their way does not pass 3 kilometers. Lessons at schools start and end at different times of the day. The project would allow young people to move casually between their home and school. The youngest children in grades 1-3 are often driven to school in private cars by their parents, what brings traffic, occupy all of parking spaces nearby, and growth of danger on the streets.
In addition, electric buses could be used by all residents interested in this mean of transport.
• road traffic reduction
• the level of exhaust fumes emission reduction
• adjusting the number of parking spaces – there would be increased flexibility in the use of parking lots at schools, stores, the health center and other public places
• reducing expenses on the renovation of streets and pavments on which residents move – part of the infrastructure does not belong directly to the municipality, so there is no influence on the renovation of pavements which belong to the county
• increase the safety of roads, pavements, car parks users
• arise of jobs (at least 2 driver positions)
• implementation of ecological means of transport
• education of society
• establishment of cooperation with other partners in the Interreg program.
We are looking for a partner with similar idea of project. You can contact with us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mengjie joined the project idea Improvement of public transport and environmental protection through purchase of two electric buses 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Kristīne joined the project idea Improvement of public transport and environmental protection through purchase of two electric buses 3 months ago
Krzysztof created the project idea Improvement of public transport and environmental protection through purchase of two electric buses 3 months ago