B-CIRCULARactive 1 year ago
B-CIRCULAR is a project focusing on piloting circular economy solutions in rural and small-town locations in a sustainable local partnership constellation: local authorities, local cooperative banks, and NGOs.
B-CIRCULAR’s two primary goals are (1) to inform the local communities (Target Groups) on circular economy and just transformation in such a way as to increase the trust and buy-in of skeptics, and to lay a foundation for a positive approach of youth and neutral (uninformed) citizens; and (2) to build a strategy for the target locations, based on the activities of the local partners, on the benefits of introducing circular economy solutions.
The project’s secondary goal is to promote the potential of cooperative banks as motors of introducing circular economy solutions.
The tertiary goal is to tighten the cooperation and synergies of locally crucial organisations, such as cooperative banks, local authorities, and non-governmental organisations, and their value to the local communities.
B-CIRCULAR addresses the urgent challenge of raising public awareness and increasing the use of circular economy solutions in small town and rural areas by creating and testing tools and measures designed at achieving an improvement of the perception of circular economy ideas in the target locations. These will include:
– identification of areas of activity with potential to benefit from CE,
– presentations and piloting of CE solutions,
– outreach to children and youth,
– outreach to businesses on creating green services and products,
– assessment of the positive impact of CE on local energy efficiency, pollution, waste management, etc.
– discussion of new, CE-based business models for cooperative banks in rural areas.
This is a private project idea. To join you must be a registered site member and request project idea membership.